A very popular cultural activity that is actually very creative and one that brings people together and get to know and understand – Mr. and Miss freshers is a fun, entertaining and knowledgeable event. It is always a great way to welcome the more shy (since they are still new) and help them come out of their shell, show off to their colleagues what their strengths are, be able to know the other new hopeful and the most important is that, this is a great platform to motivate and boost the morale of the freshers by making them feel included and part of the family.
What Questions can be asked for Mr and Mrs?
For the organizers, this event is very stressful time, getting everyone and everything working in accordance to the plans; it is especially hard for the judges to prepare questions that will not only give the seasoned people a good understanding of the freshers, but questions that will also help the freshers gain the confidence that this is a way of welcoming them to the family. A good preparation is required and judges are not expected to ask the same questions every year and hence a little creativity comes into play, knowing your contestants and using their answers to the more generalized questions to come up with queries that will be specific to each one.
1) Reason behind the choice: Wouldn’t your colleagues want to know what were the reasons behind the freshers choice to join you? This is also a very creative way to ask the freshers what their aims and ambitions are. It is obvious that they have a career end-game in mind that made them choose a particular path. It will be very interesting if the freshers come up with a very creative answer to your question. Most freshers will feel comfortable with this question since it is easy and they do not have to think too much about the answer, however the way the question is formed should be creative and not in the usual straight cut “why are you here”.
2) Hobbies: The answer to this will tell you a lot about a person, their likes and dislikes, their interests and what activities are close to their hearts. Of course, this should also not be a straight cut question, it should be formed in a very creative way and it will be interesting to hear the answers since most of them will be witty and will tell you a lot about the person. This is again one of those easy questions that will whet the freshers appetite since this gets them settled down and feel at ease. No matter how you ask the question, make sure that the question not only revolves around the topic but also will get them thinking rather than just answering straight away.
3) About them: Here is a very creative question that will get a lot of laughs, fun and most importantly the information that you need about them. Every one has an opinion about everyone else and there is a lot of judgment that will go on every second of the hour, however what a person thinks about themselves will show a lot about the character of the person. Being confident and witty is the most important characteristics about the answer, there will be a lot of answers that will just be a repetition of very cliched ideas. However it is the wit and the humor of these contestants that will give you the answer to who will be closer to the winning round.
4) Thinking cap: This question would require a lot of thinking on the contestant’s part. Questions that ranges from their outlook on specific educational updates (these will be according to their educational background), their outlook on the feminism scene, employment sector, certain industries and their quota for a new hire. It is important however to note that some might attempt to answer this question according to popular beliefs and pick-ups from magazines or news. Putting on the thinking cap, ask them a creative question like the things that they would like to change if they were to host the same event; either way get them to think.
5) Assumptions: What is better than getting your contestants to really think about a topic that is not factual but a fig of your imagination and see what is the extent of their knowledge – whether there is any practicality to what they have learned or just textbook knowledge. Take on your creative thinking, discuss with a lot of people so that you get a good grasp of the concept as creativity is better with two or more heads together. If your aim is to really get an in-depth understanding of the freshers intellectual ability then these types of questions will surely give you a peak inside their mental prowess.
Miss Fresher Competition:
This is a contest where the girls are being judged according to their personality, attitude, aptitude, general outward appearance and of course their ability to answer questions that will let you know their intellectual strength. This is a fun way to get to know the girls just joining in and there are a lot of fun and exciting stuffs that can be introduced to the event that will make the show more successful. With a lot of personalities that will join, there are bound to be some who would like to show their hidden talents and hobbies. Here are a few fun things that this kind of contest will bring to the table, just small facts that makes this an enjoyable experience.
1) Getting to know the new girls: Yes, there are a number of new girls joining your world and this is a great platform where they will tell everyone about themselves, their likes and dislikes, their hobbies and just getting to see who the new people are.
2) Creativity: The best thing about such contests are the creative ways that they are being conducted, the event is full of creative inputs, designs, costumes and especially a creative way of getting to know the new people who just joined in.
3) Joining in the welcoming party: This is a great way to welcome the freshers and letting them know that you care for them and their stay. This is also a great way to make them feel comfortable in a new setting, getting them settled in and just knowing them before the official introductions.
Rounds for Mr and Miss Freshers:
As it is with all contests, there is never just one round of selections. The Mr and Miss freshers event also has a lot of rounds that helps in the selection process and slowly sieves through towards the best five or best three. Each round has a different selection process and with each level, there is a specific number of people who are chosen to step forward to the next level which will again have another set of selection processes. Here are a breakdown of the most common rounds that can be found in a Mr and Miss freshers contest.
1) Introductions: This is the very first round which is the introduction round – participants are given the chance to introduce themselves, in their own unique way to the crowd and the judges. The participants are given a specific time frame where they will fight towards making the best first impression to the judges and thus making sure that they are chosen for the next round. They can choose to introduce themselves by giving a speech, act a short play, dance and even sing their introductions to the audience and the judges.
2) Ramp Walk: In this round, participants walk the ramp in their best dress and wearing their confidence. While the participants are doing their best version of a ‘catwalk’ the host will announce each of their names and some facts about them. This round helps the judges and the rest of the audience evaluate each participants’ confidence in carrying themselves, their dresses (this is a very good way of knowing how a contestant can present themselves) and of course, if they can impress everyone with their outward personality and their smile.
3) Talent round: This is a fun and interesting level. After the participants are done with the introduction and the ramp walk round, there will be some participants who were able to impress the judges, move to the next level. In this round all contestants are given the chance to show everyone what their talents are. This is an important round since most often, this round is taken as the level that will take the winners to the semi-finals.
4) Question round: After the participants have been selected, they are moved to the next level which is the question round – here the judges will ask each participant a question that will range from general, witty to the more personal and thought provoking queries. There are some of these questioning rounds where the questions are written on paper and the contestants are asked to choose one from a collection of questions and answer whatever one they get. The winners are chosen according to the answer that they give, not whether it is the wrong or the right answer but their take on the question which usually needs a lot of creativity and wit to win.
5) Coronation round: This is the round where the winners of the Mr and Ms fresher is announced and given a sash with a crown (these are not always a necessity and the event planners can always come up with another way to reward the winners). There will be three winners to the competition, the runners up, the first runners up and the winner. Most of these are accompanied with the winner giving a little speech and if not there will be an end-of-event act after everything is done.
Questions for Mr and Miss Farewell:
This is an interesting way of knowing the thoughts of the Mr and Miss freshers when they are prepared to leave and go out to the world. Here are a few questions that will help so many other prospective become much smarter and understand their sessions better. The best questions would be the ones that targets the winners’ answers when they were contesting for the Mr and Miss fresher when they first joined in and compare their answers from then and now.
1) Summary: These are the winners of the Mr and Miss freshers a few years ago, it is always a great advice to talk to them about their experience when they were part of the family. Asking them about the things that they have learned through the years since winning the contest. Their outlook on their years being part of the institution or corporation, there will be some very interesting learning from their answers because life will change a lot and their outlook will be different from what they were when they won the title.
2) Learning: During the question round, their questions were specific to what they believed back then, asking them if those opinions have changed and if they have what are their opinions now about the same topic and especially what led them to change their outlook now. What have they learned that has made them change their tunes now. Their answers can be published so that they are able to gain some knowledge about the years of being part of the new family.
Again, this is a very exciting event and fun to be a part of as well; not just fun, this event can bring in a lot of learning to everyone and what better way to welcome the freshers than hosting an event that is all about them. The freshers will feel comfortable and right at home; for them the best advice is to relax and be themselves during the event as this is also just a fun way to get to know your fellow colleagues.