Emails and social media will require immediate attention of each individual. The emails that rush to the inbox requires immediate attention. An individual must become fully aware of the email that plays a foremost role in the workplace. Social media plays a role that will create stereotype in one’s life. The behaviour of the email also plays a vital role in the mind of the people.
What is Email?
An email is a method of transferring digital messages from one system to another via internet. It can be abbreviated as electronic mail system. Sending an email to someone denotes conveying a message to the other people. It can have multiple recipients. The messages can be stored and retrieved later.
What is Social Media?
Social media can be defined as the system dependent tools that allow people to share the information, exchange of thoughts, bestow their experience in any aspect, career interests, disclose the videos and pictures etc. It deals with the process of representing; analyzing and comparing the community based input data.
Purpose of Email System:
Generally email is considered as media for communication where in the messages are conveyed. Email can be designed as the repository of data and the main fact is that protection of intellectual property. It will reduce the overall risk of the duplicated messages. Usually each enterprise creates their own infrastructure of messaging that enhances business processes. It acts as storage optimization and also as the messaging system. Some of the purposes of emails are listed below. They are:
a. Sharing of basic information
b. Advertising and marketing
c. Negotiations that are to be handled
a. Sharing of basic information: Sharing of basic information means that the employees in the organization will be aware of the new policies and it is also easy to handle the assigned task. Everyone has to reply to the explained information. It is also considered as the easy means of communication.
b. Advertising and marketing: Email system always relies on advertisement and marketing. It helps the seller to easily reach out to the audience. Personalizing the messages with the names of email recipients helps to establish the link to the organization.
c. Negotiations that are to be handled: In email system one can negotiate with the other parties by sharing figures. It is also considered as the repository that will help in keeping track of the proceedings that are dealt earlier.
Purpose of Social Media:
Nowadays social media brings a huge difference between the adults and youngsters. More than entertainment, job search can also be done using social media. It is also mainly used to build a community of people in which everyone can expose their point of view on certain points. Adults will concentrate more on the study of holy books and the other related sites whereas the youngsters are more active in other things.
How to Use Social Media for Excellent Results:
As soon as the facebook originated people were so much excited about it. They also started concentrating too much upon the other social media sites that works as best as a book. It craves the link between the name and the face and it also connects people in wide range. Twitter is used for efficient exchanges of quick and short messages with the other people of same sphere. As Google wants to create a social network that provides interaction between people to attain perfection in the living life. Pinterest enables one to post or search information regarding their passion into an inspirational system that might be the person’s dream and the gathered information will be useful in the future. And finally comes the LinkedIn network, that enables again people to interact elegantly or even in job search programs. Finally it is upon you, on how you make use of social media.
Types of Social Media:
There are various types of social media. Few of them are discussed here which will bring knowledge about the pros and cons of social media to people. They are:
- Social networking
- Social sites
- Bookmarking sites
- Media sharing
- Blog forums and comments in it
- Micro blogging
Social networking: Social network is created by individuals or by an organization. It usually depends on psychology, sociology, statistics, and theory of human. It helps to create relationship among various people with same fields of interest. Social networking is mostly web based applications in which the user creates web based contents. It acts as a communication mode for the mobile community, through broader sense and group centred services.
Social sites: Social sites provide creative way for communicating with people. It helps to strengthen the relationship in the concept of stay connected with past and present friends. It has made the things too easy. It can make new connections among people without leaving their homes. It makes one to feel confident to meet others. It may discourage people meeting face-to-face which might create various problems to the people in the future.
Bookmarking sites: Bookmarking sites affect the external user and the personal interactions with the user. This helps in exploring new ideas and also collecting ideas from the experienced users. Here users share various information and give opportunities for the people to understand the concept along with the other external resources. Here the bookmarked data will be paraphrased, quoted along with other materials. It will sometimes affect the internal users and their personal interaction with the system.
Media sharing: As many people would like to share media such as music, video, picture files into the player library. It enables an individual to play sounds on other computer from home. It acts as a networked digital media which is depending on the private network. The files can be shared only within a private network and not outside it. To share, one must require internet, cable or DSL jack, broadband modem and a wireless router. The network can be wired or wireless for the medium of transfer.
Email Mistakes Killing your Career:
Emails usually notify the mistakes that are committed by the co-workers. It helps one to understand the employee behaviour in the workplace. Here are few mistakes that will kill one’s career:
1. Emotive responses: Emotive response is something which one can understand by the emails that causes anger or imbalance in the conversation. Even though every official mail has to be responded the moment that distracts leaves a black mark about the conversation.
2. Overloaded information: Overloaded information causes crash in the server when too many people transfer huge information. The backend citing has to be known for handling this software.
3. Deficiency in personal touch: It mainly depends on the relationship between the sender and the receiver. Because in certain cases the words will remain either untyped or typed as in shorthand writing.
4. Disagreements: People who don’t actually spend time on emails will choose the option “mark all as read” and proceed with their job. But generally this creates lot of misunderstandings and arguments. So, the best way to avoid such disagreements is to clarify with the email before sending it to the receiver.
5. Grammatical errors: Since, people started using words in short forms which makes them forget the basic grammar.
6. No pause: Email has to be checked periodically so as to maintain it without including the emails in spam box.
7. Spam: Usage of spam has to be maintained properly. This process can be done by anti spam software which will personalize one’s inbox based on the preference. Here one may commit mistake while creating a label for reference. Generally it is advisable not to reply to the mails in spam box.
8. Aggressive in replying: Sometimes we may feel the pain of increase in procrastination. One may sometimes feel frustrated to reply to the emails that are over flown in the inbox. Either he/she must reply once he/she is in a proper mindset.
9. Viruses: Viruses such as Trojan could seriously affect one’s PC which may cause damage to the system to a greater extent. Instead of allowing the virus it is better to follow the rules and regulations properly.
10. Wasting time: Wasting time in checking the invalid messages is common. It is better to check the emails once or twice in a day. Its better to check the mails once or twice in a day. If one is so much eager in receiving the email then it will reduce one’s stress by checking it often.
11. Content in email: If the content in email is too long the receiver might feel it hard to go through the entire content. So it will be better if the sender sends the email in brevity manner.
How to Avoid Mistakes in Emails:
Forwarding the emails makes one lazier. There are few rules in forwarding an email. They are:
a. One is not supposed to forward the email without editing it i.e. one should edit all other addresses, headers and commentary of the other forwarders.
b. While forwarding one must check that only the actual content is forwarded along with his/her opinion.
c. If one did not find time for removing addresses, headers etc, then it will be good that the person would stop forwarding the emails.
d. But it is mandatory to write a personal comment on top of every email.
e. If the email has to be forwarded to multiple people then add the main contact in the “To” feild and others to BCc, which will be visible to the people in the email loop and it cannot be published further.
f. Generally it would be conscious if the person is aware of the zombie content.
g. Every reliable website will have trusted companies and the resources and commonly incorrect.
Social Media Mistakes Killing your Career:
Nowadays social media has enlarged its network which helps in money making business or to market one’s professional skills. Breaking through the challenge and attaining success is important for one to set their goals. Here are the top mistakes that spoils one’s career:
1. Lack of authenticity and transparency: Generally, it denotes the people who just creates online persona and does not resemble the same in real life. Social media does not allow one to maintain the image in the present world. If someone feels that protection is must then he/she should focus more on authenticity which gains more reputation.
2. Overestimation: Overestimation is something that is created in the minds of the people that if a person sells his/her product then it is meant to be sold. But actually boasting off oneself will create lot of problems and there will an imbalance in posting. People like to read something which is more interesting so it makes the audience to come in search of it. This makes the seller to overestimate about himself.
3. Persistent: One should always keep in mind that the seller can provide the relevant content that makes the social platform wider. Consistent values adds to success in long term relationship.
4. Inconsistent posting: Actually inconsistent posting will relate to the people who follow the growth leaving out certain things. The articles that are posted should be brand new which will attract the sellers to read the posting and rate it accordingly. One should provide the audience a consistent content to be more reliable.
Tools for Measuring Efforts in Social Media:
- Spiral 16
- Google+ ripples
One may not imagine a day without social media. Email and social media are considered to be a double edged sword. If people utilize them in a best way then it will be very helpful. Otherwise they may feel the absence of information and stay detached.