Looking out for earning that extra cash to your pocket? Are you searching for part time work so that you can work from home? Are you on maternity holiday but still prefer to upgrade your writing skills? Have you lost your job and want to update your skillset?
There are many categories of people in the world, who would like to work but in the comfort of their homes. Such people need to fulfill certain conditions to get into one. Let’s see some of the main ones.
- It is usually a short term based on the flexibility of working hours.
- The target time is fixed and agreed upon by both the parties involved in employment
- The employee needs to maintain the number of working hours and tasks completed.
- The mode of working is agreed between both the parties namely a computer or software given by the employer.
- In such cases, the agency trains potential candidates for maintaining the security of the data using appropriate firewalls.
- In the case of off-site locations, the work is remotely monitored with dedicated software from the employer’s side.
- Location can be easily approached for certain types of jobs.
With the advancement in technology, there are trends in the environment and culture of the workplace in which many firms are ready to offer remote full-time jobs and part-time jobs as well.
Work from Home Hiring Tools Required:
- Software for getting screen capture application to help in creating images and videos to provide feedback and communicate with visuals.
- Software to help transcriptionists and typists with an audio player that supports mp3 and WMA, having the feature of integrating speech to text.
- Landline and cordless headset that is compatible is the requirement for virtual call center work.
- Internet and a personal computer with good firewall systems having the necessary windows applications.
Why Do Companies Hire Work from Home?
There are many perceptions of this thought, but let us view some of the most commonly deciphered thoughts
- Productive is better in this case than 40 hours per week, as it allows the candidate to execute at their pace that brings in creativity.
- The work is mostly less stressful as the employee are not pushed around.
- Employers don’t have to pay benefits to the employers which are a bonus.
- The shortage of talent is covered up in this scheme of work profile.
- Mainly visible in tech related work as everyone has access to the internet and the location of a person is not a matter of concern.
- For tech driven jobs, having to work from home causes fewer distractions, thus increasing productivity.
- Such tech driven project work gets completed quickly and with a lesser number of mistakes.
- It allows workers to get the flexibility of working hours in which they get the privilege to telecommute.
- Work from home does not cause much burden on the employer of paying electricity bills.
- It helps to pool in a lot of talented personnel who usually prefer to work in their comfort zone as freelancing, where they have time for thinking out.
- The company would reduce absenteeism, sick leaves, and several breaks and increase working hours and productivity.
- The employer has the opportunity to save a lot for a day in this process.
- The response of employees is positive as they have time to spend with their family, go to the gym or walk, and relax in between which redefines the work-life balance.
- As the overall health of the employee is not disturbed, their input for the work is better.
So companies are changing their work style and bringing in flexibility to work from home. From an employer’s perspective, it saves money and brings in more productivity. From the employee’s perspective, it allows them to lead a life without stress and enjoy work-life balance. The work environment would be less stressed as there are fewer controls that allow work to be done at a normal pace. Finally, the company requires the work to be done.
D. Reason for People Seeking Work from Home Option is that it:
- Offers flexibility of working time
- Allows working hours to be less than 40 hours per week
- Provides balance for work-life
- Provide care for the elderly at home
- Provides comfort of the home environment
- Helps to take care of family needs
- Helps to apply skills appropriately
- Helps to make changes in career
- helps to find a retirement job
- Aligns your talent with services
E. What to Take Care:
1. About scams:
Many advertisements are claiming that you could earn $1500 a week without having to invest any! But it does involve a small purchase of ‘kits’ to start the program. And of course payment of commission for promoting amongst others. It doesn’t work out.
2. About payment:
In case there is an option for payment, caution has to be exercised when there is no phone number given for contacts. Even if you have registered online, be cautious before sending money. Lastly, verify the payment modes if it is PayPal.
3. Refund policy:
Get to know about refunds, if you are not satisfied with the work. By getting to chat with them, you can enquire about the mode of refund and to what extent.
4. Type of work:
Get to know what tasks are to be done so that you are aware of typical day work. You must note which tasks are required to be done from your side for the payment.
5. Mode of payment:
Find out about the mode of payment they usually proceed with. Opt for an easy method of payment and get to know any other alternative means if this does not work out for you.
6. Revealing password:
Be extra careful of revealing passwords or PINs of your account details for payments. It’s advisable to maintain confidentiality while dealing with such data.
7. Contact details:
Always build a good relationship with the employer and maintain proper contact details like their mail ID, WhatsApp contact or mobile numbers
Advertisements often give information about the website being reputable and honest in their dealings. Those features need to be evaluated for considering their legitimacy. You need to be judgmental and apply at your discretion.
Ultimately it is you, who have to decide if that type of work will suit you and decide to join, based on their demands. At least half of what you review would be genuine and it won’t be sure unless you try it out without taking much risk.
F. How To Select the Work at Home opportunity:
If you still want to work from the comfort of your home but not figured out how you can, then
- Take out a paper and list out what you are good at.
- Look at the job being offered from various companies and select
- Verify which skill closely matches the job description and apply
- If you are good at sewing, then try out working in fashion designing.
- If teaching is your interest, then you can apply for online tutoring or counseling
- If you have typing skills and good with computers, you could conduct training for others or write projects for graduates and postgraduates.
- By observing the needs of your friends or neighbors, you could click on a service that would help to source your business needs.
- Be creative in your thought that could add more spice and select the work you could do.
G. Broad Categories of Work:
- Call centers
- Data entry and transcriptions
- Tutoring and teaching
- Translation company
- Writers and editors
H. Types of job offered:
- Speech language pathologist
- News and Politics writer
- Content writers/specialists
- Customer service and sales representatives
- Staff accountant
- Web developers/designers
- Resume writers
- Registered nurse
- Digital Marketers
- Curriculum consultants
- Freelance writers
- Online tutors
- Academic consultants/specialist
- Instructor and support
- Tech support specialist
- Sports and fitness
- Retail jobs
- Contracting insurance sales, customer service, healthcare services
- Virtual assistance
- Communication program manager
- Solution Architect
- Product specialist
- System engineer
- Design studio specialist
I. List of Few Companies that Hire Work from Home:
Tech Firms Offering Work from Home Jobs:
- Active Network
- AdviseTech Inc
Work from Home Jobs in Finance:
Work from Home Jobs in Education:
- Achieve Test Prep
- Capelle University
- Connections Academy
- Connections Education
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Rosetta Stone
- Walden University
Work from Home Jobs in Call Center / Customer Service:
- The AA
- Direct Interactions
- Enterprise Car Hire
- Kelly Services
- Sitel Group
- Supporting Strategies
- Sutherland Global Services
- Working Solutions
Work from Home Jobs in Writing, and Translation:
- Allegis Transcription
- Citizens Bank
- LanguageLine Solutions
- Net Transcripts
- Pacific Interpreters (LanguageLine)
- Responsive Translation Services
Work from Home Jobs in Healthcare Companies:
- Chamberlain College of Nursing
- Fast Chart
- McKesson Corporation
- United Health Group
Secretarial Work from Home Jobs:
Travel Companies Offering Work from Home Jobs:
Miscellaneous Companies that Offering Work from Home Jobs:
- Delegate Solutions
- Direct Interaction
- VoiceLog (BSG Clearing)
If you search the web, you are sure to find that big-name company is on the lookout for talented and experienced professionals who are working as freelancers. Even Amazon, Dell, and Oracle have joined the group.