There are many people who struggle to maintain a healthy balance between personal life and work life. A lot of individuals will acknowledge that they could enhance the balance between work life and personal life. Dealing with the strain and demands of a hectic lifestyle is not a child’s play but it can be managed by regularly assessing and reviewing your priorities. From taking care of your body to delivering your best at your job, remaining connected with your friends to trying to stay well updated and sane, we all have got a lot to deal with. There are some valuable tips to assist you in maintaining a healthy work-life balance. But, have you ever wondered why is it important to maintain a work life balance? May be after reading the below suggestions from us you will know understand that better. Read on
1. Denote some free time in your schedule: While preparing your schedule or to-do list make it a point to schedule time with your friends and family, and hobbies that help you feel good and recharged. It could be a casual cricket match with your buddies, or a shopping day with your friends that will provide you an incentive to effectively manage your time and give you something to look forward to. Try to wake up 3 hours before your office hours so that you spend quality time with your family and friends.
2. Keep a check on your health: Your number one priority should always be your body’s health. If you’re not mentally and physically up to date, it will have an effect on all areas of your life. Taking a lot of stress has been proven to be one of the top causes of poor health. To combat this, take good care of yourself by eating healthy, sleeping well, and regularly exercising without fail.
3. Maintain a “ME TIME”: It is very important to give due time to your work and family but it is equally important that you schedule “me time”. You should take out just one hour every week to indulge in something you love and it can do wonders for your wellbeing — and your career and relationship will benefit too. When you achieve your goals then go ahead and reward yourself-it could be a holiday or movie night with friends.
4. Having a Social Life: For striking a decent work-life balance you should not reserve the good fun things only for the weekends, but schedule at least one fun activity during the week too. This way you will go to your work place with something good to look forward to and get an incentive to manage your time well.
5. Use technology to benefit you, not consume you: Avoid wasting time by driving long hours to attend a meeting, instead use Skype or other conferencing technologies. This will help you save a lot of time and energy.
- Important and urgent
- Important but not urgent
- Urgent but not important
- Neither urgent nor important
7. Know yourself and plan accordingly: Reflect on yourself and schedule your tasks in a way that best suits you. If you’re a morning person then assign the high-concentration tasks for morning and leave the light work for the evening.
8. Be open about your needs: It is important that people should identify what truly matters to them and should be open to communicate it to others. One should not conceal their needs and expect others to understand what it is actually that makes you feel fulfilled and balanced. You should be very transparent about your needs and have an open dialogue with your managers.