Many of us fail to identify on time our ardent desire to enter a fashion or modelling career. Fashion industry is always in search of fresh talent and new faces. Many individuals lack the support and guidance which is required so that one can enter this industry. You should first be able to identify your love for the fashion industry. Here are some traits that will help you in the fashion industry.
1. Knowledge of fashion trends: The fashion trends keep changing each day. The outfits that are in vogue today are out of fashion tomorrow and one really needs to understand what stays fashionable. Some kids have a very keen interest in fashion. They have the ability to grasp the changing trends. They are also capable of understanding the reason behind the popularity of certain outfits compared to the other. Children or adolescents who have these abilities should be encouraged to pursue the fashion career because they understand the key aspects of the trade.
2. Eye for perfection in dressing: While all of us have our choices and the tastes differ greatly from one person to another, some individuals are really capable of identifying the attires that best suit them. They know the type of attires, shades and colors that best go with a certain type of figure. They are able to identify at a very early age the aesthetics of dressing. These are individuals who can ascend the ladder of success in a fashion or beauty career very quickly. They do not need to learn the basics of fashion as these facts are already ingrained in their minds.
3. Knowledge of different hairstyles: If you surf through the pages of a fashion magazine or website, you may come across an array of unique hairstyles that look truly stunning and gorgeous. Most of us look at hairstyles as they are and do not identify the correlation between the hairstyle, face shape and complexion. Individuals who are capable of understanding this fact will be able to maintain themselves. They know why a particular type of face should opt for a certain style of hair dressing. Such individuals will look prettier or handsome as they know the secret recipe to looking well groomed.
4. A desire to look beautiful: It is often the urge to look beautiful that coaxes individuals to try out different styles and techniques. People who take their looks lightly are usually casual about their dressing and grooming. This prevents them from attaining perfection in the modelling industry. On the contrary, individuals who wish to look gorgeous or adorable or who wish to be stars are the ones who finally attain the position they rightly deserve.
5. Fitness fanatic: It is usually very difficult to motivate a person to start exercising or taking efforts to stay fit. If you already have the urge to maintain the perfect physique or figure, you may find it really easy to enter the modelling career. This is a career that seeks perfect physiques and figures. It would always welcome individuals who get easily annoyed with those extra calories and the mass jutting out from here and there.
If you possess these traits early in your childhood or adolescence, you may try pursuing a career in fashion . After identifying your goal, the next thing you need to do is understand the steps you need to take to be fit to enter this career.
6. Eat healthy: Eating healthy does not mean eating foods which are labelled healthy or consuming drinks with sugar free ingredients. Eating healthy means consuming natural foods that help you stay fit and yet prevent the addition of those extra calories. You may have to include leafy vegetables, salads, pulses, lentils and fruit juices in your diet. You may also have to reduce the intake of red meats as they tend to make you fat while adding no extra nutrients to your body.
7. Include exercise in your regime: You need to have exercise included in your daily schedule. You need to work out and this may include activities like cardiovascular exercises, jogging, cycling and lifting the dumbbells. Only disciplined individuals manage to adhere to the exercise schedules they have set and thus you need to be disciplined and devoted to your modelling career.
8. Keep track of the latest fashion trends: You need to understand the changes in fashion trends if you want to make a career in the beauty industry. Beauty and fashion are two industries that are completely correlated. Understanding the dynamics of the fashion industry and altering your dressing style to match the latest trend will help you advance in modelling and fashion careers.
9. Maintain your hair and skin health: Use natural and herbal techniques to maintain your skin and hair healthy. You need to understand that the world around you admires your looks and you need to maintain your features in the best condition if you wish to retain stardom.
10. Create your own style statement: Every model has an attitude that helps him or her make a mark. If you wish to be identified as a star, you must make sure that you have a unique style statement of your own. Create a mark by inventing a style of your own so that you are remembered not just as an individual but as a brand. Models are remembered for their unique dressing style, their walk or even some of their gestures that remain in the minds of the audience for generations. Your attitude and style should have that kind of lasting impact on the viewers.
Once you develop the physical fitness and the mental attitude, reaching your goal of becoming a model is pretty simple. The final stage of course would be to get identified as a celebrated model. For this you need to take the following steps.
11. Make contacts in the industry: Modelling career is never easy and becoming a candidate fit for modelling is just half the journey. You need to make the right contacts in the fashion industry if you wish to grow and gain attention. Many newcomers find it very difficult to get in touch with the right people. Many freshers even fall prey to scams and lose their money and efforts. Here are some ideas on how you can build the right contacts.
- By attending Page3 parties: Models, actors, directors and prominent journalists usually tend to meet at Page3 parties. This is an ideal place for models to meet the right people and make useful contacts. You need to keep track of these parties and approach useful people in the industry.
- By participating in local events: You need to advertise your skills and your beauty or glamour by participating in local events. Usually it is best to participate in events organised by fashion divas as there is a greater chance that your skills will be identified by the right people. Practising photographers usually attend these events and if they manage to capture your perfect pose, you will be a star the next day.
- By getting in touch with the media: You can pose for print advertisements or start acting in TV commercials. It is through media that many great faces get their break. So do not hesitate to knock at each possible door to achieve your goal.
12. Decide the type of modelling you wish to pursue: You need to understand the type of modelling you wish to do before you go further. The type of modelling will greatly depend on your figure or physique. You have multiple options like being catalogue models, models for brands, models for commercial advertisements and models for fashion shows. You need to select the option that best suits your structure and choice. Take your time to decide as your future will greatly depend on the choice you make.
13. Start with small opportunities: A model must have attitude but he or she should not be over smart. Many models fail to make it big because they hesitate to make a small beginning. They think that participating in small events will reduce their chances of attaining huge success. This is a gross misconception and what you need to understand is that you can never make it big if you do not start somewhere. So gear up and approach even small opportunities with great enthusiasm.
It is never easy to enter a career in modelling. While the career appears glamourous, it is a great challenge to stay up to the mark and meet the requirements of the fashion industry. You should be able to cope with the rising demands of the fashion industry and be willing to alter your life to suit the requirements. This is the secret to maintain your stardom and popularity. You need to respect your beauty and health and make sure you maintain the assets you possess. The road to fame