General mills is one place where they recognize leadership qualities in the form of management terms. Here, in general mills all candidates are selected for an internship on the basis of their credibility, leadership, skill and management ability. These are the main abilities to understand the financial and operational aspects of a company. General mills provide such wide range of programs, but the important part about this general mills internship program is that they deliver perfection in their programs.
Main objective of General Mills: The main objective of General mills is to produce good quality of products. Which can be achieved through nourishment of lives and by making healthy life. The candidates seeking internship in the company will have greater exposure towards company productivity. Addition to that the interns will be exposed to an innovative workplace environment and this will eventually help them understand their goals. The main and important objective of general mills is to provide nourishing products to the customers.
Benefits of Internship in General Mills:
As an opportunity working or interning in general mills can be turned in as a profitable advantage for anyone. Interning in general mills can be favorable to those people who have career goals as similar as general mills working objectives. A candidate while choosing his / her intership company needs to be clear about their career goal. And here are some of the benefits of interning with general mills, they are as follows.
1. Environment: The working or interning environment of general mills is perfectly professional environment. These kind of positive environment and atmosphere can be treated as a positive element of one’s working environment. A person can create a growth in his / her professional career with some such environment around him / her in working area. This kind of environment in official site can bring up a positive energy in one’s working ability.
2. Growth: All the candidate interning in general mills will be provided with working projects which can be helpful to them to develop their personal and professional skills with certain ability. General mills provide a real life project to its employees or intern so that they can understand the environment of the project and also to let them understand about the actual progress and growth in their professional and personal situations.
3. Monitoring: The candidates working or interning in general mills can be monitored with professional mentors. These mentors who monitor the candidates’ work are one of the best in their working area. This kind of professional mentoring can be helpful for the interns to understand working nature and this will help one to be more responsible in their future projects. Therefore a professional mentoring can turn as a positive element to all the candidates of general mills.
4. Networking: A positive networking in an office environment can be treated as a plus point to all the candidates or interns. Working in general mills provides knowledge about professional networking which can be helpful to them in their future career development. Such professional training and positive environment can build an opportunity to create a wide range of network for the overall development of the company and its candidates.
Internship Programs of General Mills:
General mills provide a wide range of programs to avail an internship in their company. An intern or a candidate applying for the internship in general mills may be having a clear picture about their career requirement which can be fulfilled through this internship in general mills. As mentioned earlier general mills offer a wide range of programs, but not the exact program which an intern would be wanting to learn. Understanding the new an improved program can help all the interns to understand more about their programs.
Area of Internship in General Mills:
There are several areas of work in general mills and they are as follows.
1. Brand marketing: General Mills is offering an internship program in brand marketing, which consists of marketing areas of general mill product brands. The duration of an internship program would be 10 – 12 weeks and generally can be conducted during the month of may or august. An intern willing to avail such intership program should apply for such area of brand marketing programs where he / she can learn more about the products of general mills.
2. Sales or business development: General Mills is offering an internship program in sales management, to provide all the assured courses which can increase sales skills of all participating candidates. In sales or business development program of general mills can bring creative ideas to develop sales skills of candidates to invest their ability to show growth in sales management.
3. Financial management: The financial management program in general mills can develop financial knowledge of participating candidates. These candidates applying for an internship program of financial management need to be professionally well educated in financial aspects.
4. Engineering programs: Engineering programs in general mills are offered with an additional advantages of engineering technology aspects to all the participating candidates. All the interns willing to be a part of such engineering program in general mills need to understand general elements and at the end of this program all the interns will be groomed well with relevant engineering knowledge.
5. Human resources: As mentioned earlier, all the programs offered in general mills provide professional assurance to all the participating candidates for their successful career. This human resource management program helps to seek knowledge about manpower management. It also provides knowledge about the recruitment process and selection process in a company.
6. Logistics: General Mills is offering programs to all participating interns an opportunity to create a difference in their career choices. And logistics programs of general mills provide all the knowledge about support system of a company. These logistics programs are of duration between 10-12 weeks, in between these weeks all the candidates will be given greater educational facility to understand such programs.
7. Manufacture: Every industry has a manufacture unit to deal with. These manufacturing units provide programs such as understanding the process of manufacturing production and also the qualification process of certain products are managed in manufacturing units of a company. The duration of this program are 10-12 weeks.
8. Quality: Quality system programs in general mills provide all the information about the qualification process of certain products and services. There will be a certain fixed point of quality for each and every product produced in general mills. In this quality program all the interns will be educated about handling such quality process which can be useful for them in future.
9. Production Programs: In general mills, they offer production programs for all the interns seeking internships. These production programs can be mainly dealt with the product department, such as production of product and their ingredients. All the interns will be experiencing the actual production system of the company. This can ultimately help all the interns to understand the production programs.
Process of Recruitment in General Mills:
The process of recruitment in general mills is as similar as the rest of the interview process of any other company. And those processes can be stated as below.
1. Personal interview: Personal interview conducted from general mills consists of all the details about their company profile. An intern applying for an internship needs to collect all the knowledge details about the company. The process of interviewing will start from the introduction of the candidates where an interviewer can project the questions regarding the candidates skills and ability.
2. Group discussion: Group discussion is a secondary level of interview process where an interviewer looks into the level of projection of any candidate. In this process an interviewer delivers a certain kind of assignment to a group of candidates in which they have discussed or present their opinion about such assignments and topics. This will help an interviewer to select a suitable candidate for an internship.
Steps to Apply for an Internship with GM:
Candidates can apply for an internship program in general mills through several ways, but the most convenient way is mentioned as follows.
1. Go to company website: All the candidates applying for an internship in general mills need to be well aware of their official website where they post all the future and current details about their company. And also all the details about their internship programs as well. The candidates should go to their official website of general mills and search for the details about the internship programs and fill all the candidature details about oneself.
2. Create a profile: After checking in an official website of general mills, a candidate need to create an account on their official website entering all the educational, personal and professional details about oneself. After creating a profile a candidate need to be sure of all the facts entered in that electrical format of the internship application. This can be an important thing to remember to be fact full before submitting the application.
3. Upload a resume: After creating a profile, a candidate need to upload his / her resume with relevant documents which the company needs to be attached while uploading a resume. This is the final step of applying for such internship program in general mills. After uploading a resume, a candidate need to wait for a while to receive a call or email from the record company which is general mills.
Tips to Choose a Internship Program in General Mills:
There are several programs in general mills which offer various levels of internship and it is very tough to choose an accurate one to select as an element of a successful future. Therefore, to make this decision easier there are certain tips to be considered before choosing an internship program and they are as follows.
1. Understand yourself: An intern applying for an internship in general mills should be clear about his / her future requirements. By knowing or understanding one’s needs and wants, can help him / her to make a correct decision over the selection of their internship programs.
2. Make a list: A candidate applying for an internship program should start making a list of internship program which can be helpful for them in their future. By listing out the main purpose of these programs can help one to make a positive decision over their future and their overall growth.
3. Strength: A candidate needs to have full confidence in one’s strengths. This is the only way to make the correct decision over one’s future. Believing in one’s strengths can help a candidate to understand his / her availability over certain circumstances of professional and personal elements.
4. Overcome weakness: A candidate applying for an internship in general mills should be clear about one’s strengths and weakness. By holding on to one’s weakness can bring only inappropriate situations for all the candidates. Therefore, an intern before applying for an internship should overcome their weakness for their better future.
5. Comparison: All the programs in general mills are different from one and another, each of those programs provides specialized professional knowledge about the programs. And to choose the right internship program, an intern need to understand his / her area of interest by comparing program benefits.
To end this discussion we would like to suggest that a candidate applying for an internship in general mills needs to be confident enough in oneself. This is the only main quality which can be considered before choosing an accurate and favorable internship program. Therefore, to avail an internship in general mills, one needs to follow all the factors mentioned above, so that the process of internship program selection would be easier for everyone.